How we give back
Our PTO Board takes great care to ensure that the funds collected through our community events and fundraising initiatives are spent as wisely and conscientiously as possible. Each dollar spent is scrutinized and debated over with one common goal in mind — "Will it better our Francis Wyman community?"
Below are just some examples of the ways our PTO gives back. We believe each one is special in its own way, and we would love to hear from you if you have any ideas or thoughts for the future!
- Organize and fund various school assemblies to enrich our students' educational experiences
- Subsidize field trip transportation costs
- Subsidize t-shirts for each incoming Kindergarten class
- Grant scholarships to Camp Bournedale for Francis Wyman students
- Burlington High School college scholarships for Francis Wyman alumni
- Maintain and purchase playground equipment
- Organize and fund building beautification initiatives
- Hold occasional luncheons or other various "thank you" events for Francis Wyman's teaching and support staff
What We Do
Many parent teacher organizations rely heavily on parents and students raising funds through fundraising drives like the stereotypical magazine subscription sales. We take a different approach. While there is opportunities for our community members to make cash donations, or even support our PTO without committing a dollar of their own (see our Support page for info on Box Tops collecting, clothing donations, and even shopping on Amazon!), our goal is to fill the school year with events and unique opportunities to raise funds to support the PTO. Our Board and Committee members brainstorm all year to plan and execute what we hope are exciting and unique events for our students, teachers, and the greater Francis Wyman community. These events range from our annual Halloween party, Spring Carnival, and Fun Run; to our ever-popular movie nights, paint nights, and open skate events. And these are just some of the exciting events we have in store! Be sure you stay connected through our newsletter and social media so you never miss out on the fun!
Meet the Members
The Francis Wyman Parent Teacher Organization is organized by the parents and teachers of Francis Wyman Elementary School. If you would like to contact a member of our Board, all of our email addresses are below. We would love to hear from you! If you are interested in becoming a member of a future Board, we invite you to attend one of our PTO Board meetings found on the calendar so you may connect with a current Board member. If you are interested in becoming a committee member or a volunteer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission and Goals
The Francis Wyman PTO is dedicated to the educational experience of children in our school by sponsoring special educational programs and events; the development of a closer relationship between parents and teachers so we may cooperate intelligently in the education of our children; and the promotion of the safety, care, and welfare of our children in the home, school, and the community.
Our objectives are promoted through an educational programs directed towards parents, teachers and the general public. They are developed through conferences, committees, projects, and programs that will enrich and maximize the education of every child. The Francis Wyman PTO's objectives are:
- To promote the welfare of children in the home, school, and the community
- To contribute to the enrichment of family life
- To support policies for the care and protection of children
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children the highest advantages in mental, social, and physical education